Tuesday, July 15, 2008

South Beach Conclusion

Today ends my 2 week introduction to the South Beach diet, so I thought I'd post a little something. No, this doesn't mean the diet ends today - just means I'll be going back to a more normal way of eating (can't say that I'll be having eggs for breakfast any time soon). Here's what I've learned:
- My belly is still there. I did loose some weight, but the belly (which Michael, my youngest, enjoys playing with -- always sweet!) is still there. On to phase two of my plan - returning to sit-ups and working out in earnest.
- While I figured out how to improve my energy level and get rid of the nausea (drink lots of water, eat more snacks), I'm still very drained. Hoping that goes away once I return some carbs to my diet!
- Didn't find too many outstanding veggie recipes, but did find a fun recipe blog(Kaitlyn's Kitchen)and am more willing to cook with fresh veggies now. I also learned that I just need to eat more veggies at meals, rather than skimping on that so I can fit more noodles!
- I think my cravings have improved. I don't find myself "needing" a cookie in the afternoon - I'm ok with grabbing another kind of snack. That is probably my biggest victory!
- I'm drinking more caffeine (not good), but I'm liking cheese again. Why is this amazing? Because both used to upset my stomach, and now they don't. Weird, but I'll take it!

So, that ends my South Beach saga for now . . . I'll let you know if I learn anything else new in the future!

No comments: